Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Life Goals

Simple stupid shit, like idiots who fail to realize it takes 1 extra second to lift a toilet seat up, annoy me. If you have to piss, fellas, I know you love to try to aim it through that gap but I'd say a good 85% of the time, especially incorporating drunken times, you're gonna splatter. And when the time comes to actually sit down because you're:
a) taking a shit
b) tired as hell from the day and don't want to stand anymore
c) both, and want to read a newspaper or whatever other reading material is around
d) trying not to splatter on yourself or the toilet seat

I don't want to sit on your piss. Yes I know it's sterile and clean, hell even potable need be. But I'd prefer not to sit on your piss. Simple right?

And also, go green. Most regular public restrooms use a 1.6 gpf (gallon per flush) toilet, but the urinals are use 1.0 gpf. If you have to piss, make it quick. You want to stand up and piss anyways, why splatter?

And I've decided that every person should do at least one significant excursion or something that is life altering, especially for the people around them. Like volunteer work in another country, or something to that effect. And I've found my calling. Somewhere in Haiti. The poorest nation in the Western Hemisphere that also has to deal with lovely hurricanes every summer. They share the island of Hispanola with the Dominican Republic (1/3 is Haiti, the other 2/3 is DR) and it sucks because the DR is very well off in comparison. Also, being a francophone nation, I'd love to improve my francais while I'm there. I think it'd be a neat experience. Especially after graduating where I have no money, like most of their citizens, to truly experience what it's like. Recently I was listening to NPR (the shit) and they talked about how poor Haiti is so that people eat "dirt biscuits", essentially taking a handful of dirt to fill your stomach, so that they would feel less hungry. That's awful. Why can't we do anything for these people? And it's such a beautiful island too. So yea, that's somewhere I'd definitely like to go to. Haiti. Wyclef Jean, I'm lookin out for you. Party to Damascus.

No comments: